Monday, September 22, 2008

Football Mom's Pride!

Well, let me tell you! This last week, our Mom and Dad Foidel came to town to visit. I wonder if they are kind of bored. At this time of year, our life revolves around football. 6 days a week, then sunday football on TV. I, Heather have never been a big football follower. Yeah, in Middle School and Highschool I was. What girl wasn't? It was all about the boys in tight pants. Anyway. Living here in Utah, football starts younger. Age 6. Chris our oldest started last year as a 9 year old. He seems to love the team and they really like him. He is not the best, but oh my god! This last saturday he had a fantasmic tackle. I was so excited, Brock was so excited, grandparents, so excited, little brother, coaches and team it was awesome. let me set it up for you. Parents pride here, be patient with me. :) so, he was on defence, this kid came around from the other side, he had moved past the first set of defence, chris was it... he was running up the sidelines, we were screaming, 'get him chris, go!' you get the idea. Well, in the back of my mind, I had a feeling he would get a hold of the guy, but then let go. at 10, that happens. So, when i see threw the team that was jumping up and down, i see chris airborne. I am think, 'oh shit' yeah, that is what i thought.. He is going for it! my heart is pounding with mama's pride! i am wanting to cry... he locks the kid up and down for the tackle! the rest of the team piles on! I really hope they got it on video. but it was really close to the camara. The coaches were all high-fiving him and the team and all the other parents were congrats him. It was all i could do to stay back and let him live in his glory moment. I didn't want to be one of those moms. but man, are we beaming football parents. Now we know why we have 3 practices a week, 2 hours a day, film day for 1 1/2 hours, then game day on saturday. That one game. dillons game was great too. but i just had to brag a bit about Chris. :) Thanks for the indulging.I will post a pic as soon as I can get it transfered from the film.

1 comment: